The Milwaukee EC/TDS Nutrient Meter is designed for Hydroponics, horticulture and agriculture to help you make sure that your vegetables and plants are receiving the right amount of nutrient to promote healthy growth with low to zero product waste. Keep EC/TDS in your target range to help your achieve better results.
- Measures conductivity (EC), total dissolved solids (TDS) and Coductivity Factor with automatic temperature compensation.
- Ideal range for Hydroponics (0.2 to 4 mS/cm | 2 to 40 CF | 140 to 2800 ppm 0.7 scale | 100 to 2000 ppm 0.5 scale).
- Units directly in mS/cm/CF/PPM (no conversions required).
- Factory calibrated no continious calibration required.
- High accuracy.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC).
- Auto on/off feature.
- Blue LED display.
- Graphite electrode in ABC + PC body.
- Battery level indicators.
- Battery life up to 3 years with approx. 10 measurements per day.
- 3 X 1.5V AA (batteries included).
Care and Use
EC/TDS electrodes can develop nutrient build up over time. To miminize build up, always rinse the probe in fresh tap or DI water after every use.
Converting EC to TDS
The Milwaukee EC40 meter, like all conductivity meters, provides a measure of electrically charged ions in a solution and is an absolute measure of conductivity.
EC is often converted to TDS in parts per million (ppm). Different scales include the 500 scale, 650 scale and the 700 scale. However, the EC40 has all the readings direct EC/TDS/CF.
Your uS/cm reading can be approximately converted to TDS (ppm) as shown in the examples below.
1 uS/cm = 0.5 ppm on a .5 factor scale
1 uS/cm = 0.7 ppm on a .70 factor scale (442)
Thank you for considering Milwaukee to help you take your results to the next level.
- Range: 0.2 to 4 mS/cm
- Range: 2 to 40 CF
- Range: 140 to 2800 ppm 0.7 scale
- Range: 100 to 2000 ppm 0.5 scale
- Resolution: 0.1 mS/cm
- Resolution: 1 CF
- Resolution: 70 ppm (factor: 700 ppm = 1 mS/cm)
- Resolution: 50 ppm (factor: 500 ppm = 1 mS/cm)
- Accuracy: ±4% of reading, ± 1 resolution point
- Calibration: Factory calibration (no additional calibration required)
- Probe: Graphite electrode in ABC + PC body
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic from 5 to 50°C (41 to 122°F)
- Battery Type: 3 x 1.5V AA (included)
- Battery Life: Approx. 3 years @ 10 tests per day
- Measurement Display: 20 blue LEDs bar
- Environment: 0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F; max RH 95%
- Dimensions: 17" inches length (420 mm) / 30 mm diameter (1.2")
- Weight: 9 ounces (255 g)
- Casing Protection: IP67, floating